Types of discounts
- Fixed amount
- Percentage discount (%)
- Free shipping
- Buy X get Y free
Cartzy has very straightforward configuration features for discounts. When you are creating a new discount in Cartzy, you have the following options at your disposal to choose from.
1. Fixed amount
2. Percentage discount (%)
3. Free shipping
4. Buy X get Y free
You can create a fixed amount discount if you want to offer a discount of a fixed amount on a specific product, collection, or all the products. Select this discount type, and simply add the $ amount that will be offered as a discount.
For example, $10 off on all the products on the Christmas holiday sale.
You can configure other attributes and conditions of the fixed-amount discount as per the explanation given under common sections to fill up for each type of discount.
You can create a percentage discount if you want to offer a percentage discount on a specific product, collection, or all the products. Select this discount type, and simply add the % value that will be offered as a discount.
For example, 12% off on all the products on the Christmas holiday sale.
You can configure other attributes and conditions of the percentage discount as per the explanation given under common sections to fill up for each type of discount.
You can configure a discount code to offer free shipping in a specific region or country. You can either create a free shipping discount for shipping to all the countries that are added to your store or where you ship products across the globe. Or, you can select a specific country or region where the orders will be shipped free of charge by using the discount code.
Select from the following two options:
1. All countries
2. Specific countries
Selecting this option will allow your customers to use the free shipping discount code regardless of their location/region/country as long as that region/country is added to the countries list on your store.
Select this option if you are not charging any shipping cost from the customers of a specific region/country.
After selecting this option, you need to specify the free-shipping country by using the search bar or the Browse button. The selected country will be added to the list as shown in the image below.
👉 To remove a country from the free shipping list, simply click the bin icon against it.
This is a very smart feature that helps you implement free shipping discounts intelligently from a business perspective.
If you checkmark this option, and define a minimum order price, then the free shipping discount will be valid only for orders that have a value equal to or greater than the amount defined here.
- Order amount entered in this field: $200
- Customer’s order value: $150 => The customer will not be able to avail the free shipping discount
- Customer’s order value: $200 or $200+ => The customer will be able to avail the free shipping discount.
This is the most tempting kind of discount scheme that you can set up to attract a wider range of customers. After all, everyone likes free things! For example, Get 2 shirts, buy 1 free.
Here, you need to configure two sections:
1. What does the customer buy? (The condition upon which a free product is offered)
2. What will be offered for free?
In this section, you can configure the products that if bought, the discount will be valid.
You can set up the product purchase condition in the following two ways:
1. Minimum quantity of items (usually for a specific product):
Check mark this option if you want to set up a condition on the quantity of the product purchase for the discount validity. Fill in the Quantity field.
2. Minimum purchase amount (usually for a specific product collection)
The selected product/collection will be listed in the Customer Buys section as illustrated in the image shared below. You can select multiple products/collections i.e., if the customer order has any of the following, the discount code will be valid for their order.
- The order has any of the specified products in the specified quantity.
- The ordered products belong to the specified collection, and the quantity of the products is equal to the specified quantity.
- The order value is equal to the specified minimum purchase amount, and the ordered products are either the specified products or belong to the specified product collection.
👉You can click the bin icon to remove any selected product/collection from the discount validity condition.
This is a very straightforward configuration. You need to add the product the customer will get for free or at a discounted price upon purchasing a specific product that was selected under the section “Customer buys.”
- Quantity: Enter the quantity of the discounted/free product in digits. For example, 1.
- Any item: Select the product that will be offered for free or at a discounted price. The selected product will be listed in the Customer Gets section as illustrated in the image below. You can also select multiple products that can be offered for free or at a discounted rate.
The Buy X get Y free discount does not always have to offer a product entirely for free. You can play smart and offer a percentage discount on a specific product only if the main product is bought for full price.
For example, Buy X get Y at 10% discount.
- Percentage: Select this option if you want to offer a percentage discount on the second product. Enter the percentage value in the field. For example, 10.
- Free: Select this option if you want to offer the second product for free of cost along with the main product (selected under the Customer Gets section).
This checkbox is the real catch when setting up the discount of the type “Buy X Get Y free.”
This checkbox, if checked, helps you control the discount application within an order.
You configured the discount with the following settings
- Quantity: 1
- Product: A, B, C (three products)
- Set the maximum number of uses per order: 1
Now, a customer adds the following to their cart
- Product A - 1 (quantity)
- Product B - 2 (quantity)
👉How the discount should be applied to the above order?
According to the discount configurations, the discount will be applied only once to the order because the maximum number of uses per order is equal to 1. The second product will be offered for free or at the discounted rate only once irrespective of the quantity of valid products added to the cart.