Table of contents
- Abandon Cart Recovery Main page
- Search option and filters on the main page
- Sending Abandoned Cart Recovery Email
- Email received by the customer
- Cart recovery status
- Video: Cartzy abandoned cart recovery
In a drop shipping business, recovering an abandoned cart may seem like an impossible task, but Cartzy has made it possible & efficient for you in a separate module "Abandoned Cart Recovery." This article will help you discover straightforward steps to re-engage the customers who added items to the cart but left your store site without completing their orders.
Path: Marketing > Abandoned Cart Recovery
On this page, you can see the following information about the customers who abandoned their carts on your store site:
- Checkout number: Order number.
- Date and time when the order was placed.
- Placed by: Name of the person who placed the order
- Email Status:
- Sent: It reflects that you have already sent an abandoned cart recovery email to the customer.
- Not Sent: It reflects that you have not sent an abandoned cart recovery email to the customer
- Recovery status:
- Not Recovered: If the customer does not checkout upon receiving the abandoned cart recovery email, the status will be “Not Recovered”.
- Recovered: If the customer completes their order upon receiving the abandoned cart recovery email, the status will be updated to “Recovered”.
- Total: It is the total price of the products that were added to the cart by the customer.
1. Sorting the records list: You can click on the headers such as Checkout, Date, Placed by, Email Status, Recovery Status, and Total to bring up the oldest or newest records available.
2. Filter Order: Using this search bar, you can search a particular record by checkout/order number, and name of the customer.
3. Filter records by email status: You can switch between the following three tabs to filter the abandoned cart records.
- All: On this tab, all records of abandoned carts are listed irrespective of the email status i.e., all abandoned cart records with email status “Sent” and “Not” sent can be viewed on this tab.
- Not Sent: On this tab, only those records of abandoned carts are listed against which no email was sent for cart recovery.
- Sent: On this tab, only those records of abandoned carts are listed against which an email was sent for cart recovery.
Follow the steps shared below to send a reminder email to the customer to complete their order:
1. Click on the hyperlink checkout number of the customer to whom you want to send the cart recovery email.
2. The abandoned cart details will open on the page, and you will be able to see the following information about the customer associated with the abandoned cart.
- Name of the customer.
- Email ID of the customer.
- Checkout Details: Products in the customer cart along with the total price would appear here.
- Shipping address: The address of the customer where they want the order to be shipped.
- Billing address: Address where the customer will be billed from. In case the billing address is the same as the shipping address, the label “Same as shipping address” will appear.
- Additional details: You also have the option to add any additional comments, which will not be shown to the customer. If you have added additional details, click on the Save button to update the record, or click the Discard button if you don’t want to save the changes.
3. Once you have reviewed the order details and the customer information, click on the “Send Cart Recovery Email” button at the top right corner of the page.
4. When you click on the “Send Cart Recovery Email” button, the following will occur:
- A pop-up will appear, mentioning “Cart Recovery email sent”, along with the Date and Time when the email was sent.
- Confirming that the email has been sent successfully, the status of Not Sent will be updated to Sent automatically.
- The abandoned cart recovery email will be sent to the customer.
5. Now if you go back to the main Abandoned Cart Recovery page, you will notice that the Email Status of the corresponding record is also updated to Sent.
Upon opening the abandoned cart recovery email, the customer can simply click the “Complete Your Order” button to revisit their cart. Here, they can make any necessary changes to finalize their order and check out.
After the customer has completed their order, the recovery status on the main Abandoned Cart Recovery page will be updated to “Recovered”. The status of the cart will be updated to “Recovered” on the cart details page as well.
If you want to use an external email marketing tool, then Cartzy allows you easy integration of SendPad to manage your promotional emails efficiently. Learn more about SendPad and Cartzy integration.
Want to see the Cartzy abandoned cart recovery notifications in action? Watch the video shared below and test for yourself!