Table of contents
- Offer title
- Upsell product
- Base products
- Upsell preview
- Upsell for all products
- Video: In Cart Upsell App
The “In cart upsell” is another potential marketing app that comes for free in the basic Cartzy package! Yes, you can increase your average order value to a great deal by simply configuring this built-in app. The real catch here is that you don’t have to pay for extra ad costs for all of your products to boost your order value! 😉 What else do you need? 🤔
In Cartzy, you can set up upselling products in two ways:
1. Upsell the same product for all the products i.e., offer the same product on all the products on your store.
2. Upsell a product for a specific product i.e., the product will be offered only if the customer adds a particular product to their cart.
To set up products for up-selling on your store, go to Marketing > In Cart Upsell > click “Create Funnel”.
On the Create Upsell Funnel page, fill in the following sections.
1. Offer Title
2. Upsell Product
3. Base Products
It’s the name of the offer that will appear with the upsell products when added to the cart.
👉 Upselling products are automatically added to the cart when the base products are added to the cart by the customers.
Select the product that you want to set up as an upselling product. You can also add more than one product to your upsell funnel.
❗Only those products are searchable or can be added that are not hidden from your store. If a product is hidden, you first need to unhide it on the product page. Learn more about it.
Under this section, you can decide whether you want to offer the upselling products on all the products of your store, or you want to create the upsell offer for specific products.
1. Offer on All Products: Select this option if you want the upselling offer to be available for all the products on your store.
2. Let Me Customize: Select this option if you explicitly want to select the base products. This option is more likely to be selected because offering related products makes more sense than just randomly offering a product against all the products on your store. For example, if a customer adds a pair of men's sneakers to their cart, you can offer them a full-zip hoodie at a discounted price. The discount will get their attention and since the products are related, the customer will be more inclined towards making an additional purchase. Smart, isn’t it? 😉
Either you can enter the discounted price or you can enter the percentage discount that you want to offer on the upsell product’s original price.
In this section, the real-time preview of the upsell product(s) will be available. You can get an idea of what the upsell products section will appear on the front end before saving any changes.
👉 If everything looks good, you can hit the Save Changes button to save your new upsell funnel. Upon saving, a notification will appear on the top right corner of the page, and you will be redirected to the list of upsell funnel (In Cart Upsell Funnel page).
On the In Cart Upsell Funnel page, you can see that the newly created upsell funner is listed and has the status “Enabled”, and Live. It implies that the offer is currently active on your store.
Now, if you go to your store front, you will see that when you add the “Base Product” to your cart, the selected “upsell product” appears under the offer.
If you do not select a specific base product, and select the option “Offer on All Products” while creating the upsell funnel, then the selected upsell product will be offered for all the products when any of your store products are added to the cart.
👉 It is wise to go for this setting only if you are running a purposeful campaign, for example, you want to offer some product as a Christmas gift to all of your customers regardless of the product they purchase on your store.
Watch this video to learn how to increase your online sales with the In Cart Upsell App. This powerful app allows you to offer products and services to customers as they are checking out, increasing your average order value and boosting your profits.