Table of Contents
Since Cartzy is all about the dropshipping business, you will always need to complete an order manually i.e., update the status of the order to “Fulfilled” when the payment is made, and the ordered products are successfully delivered to the customer who checked out for those items on your store.
There are two ways to fulfill an order.
1. Through the Actions menu
2. On the Order Details page
The first step would always be to go to the Orders page at the path: All Orders > Orders, and search for the order either by the customer name or by the order number. In the image below, the order is searched by the order number.
Once, the order is listed in the search results, you can use one of the above-mentioned methods to fulfill the order. Let’s explore each of these one by one
1. Against the order, click on the kebab menu icon under Actions > click Fulfill Order.
2. You will be navigated to the Manual Fulfillment page. Here you can verify the ordered items, as well as edit the shipping address. If everything looks correct, click the Fulfill Items button given at the bottom right corner of the page.
3. As soon as you click the Fulfill Items button, the following will occur:
a. The order will be fulfilled
b. A success message will appear in a popup notification on the top right corner of the page.
c. The page will be refreshed to load the Order Details page.
4. On the Order Details page, you will see that the order status has been updated to “Fulfilled.”
Fulfilling the order through the Actions directly takes you to the Manual Fulfillment page where you cannot edit the order details or see the order history before fulfilling the order. If you want to view order details/history/payment breakdown or edit the order before order completion, you should fulfill the order through the Order Details page. To do so, follow the steps mentioned below.
1. Click on the hyperlinked order number on the main Orders page, and you will be navigated to the Order Details page.
2. On the Order Details page, you can see that the current order status is “Unfulfilled” which means that it’s a pending order and awaiting fulfillment. Also, on the top left corner of the page, you can find the option to edit the order. After verifying the order details, or editing the order, click the Mark As Fulfilled button to complete the order.
3. Upon clicking the Mark As Fulfilled button, you will be navigated to the same Manual Fulfillment page as demonstrated above. From here, you can follow the same steps as explained in the first method.
If by any chance you have fulfilled an order mistakenly, or if you want to undo the order fulfillment action, you can always cancel the order fulfillment.
1. Go to the Order Details page, and click on the Cancel Fulfillment button.
2. Upon clicking the Cancel Fulfillment button, the following will occur:
a. A success message will appear in a notification popup indicating that the order status has been changed successfully.
b. The Order Details page will be refreshed.
c. The order status will be updated to “Unfulfilled.”
d. The Cancel Fulfillment button will disappear.
e. The order history will also be updated to reflect the latest activity. Under the Timeline section, you can see the latest actions that took place on the order.
Order status before cancellation and order cancellation success notification.
Order status after cancellation.
Order status changes as reflected in the timeline.