Table of Contents
- Search a collection
- Sorting the collections list
- Collections per page
- Edit collection details
- Delete a collection
- Create a new collection
- Video: Cartzy products & collections
A product collection is a group of products that contains similar products. Product collections enable you to categorize your products efficiently and easily. A good e-commerce store always allows you to create and manage your collections. For example, if you want to add a series of new watches to your store, you will create one folder/collection of watches which will then contain all the watches available in your store. It helps in better inventory management as well as offers a great user experience to your customers.
So, to make your store user-friendly and to enhance your sales, make sure that you have your products organized in self-defined categories.
Path: Products > Collections
On the Collections page in your Cartzy store, the collections are listed by title and product condition. Against each collection, you can find further features under Actions to make changes to the collection.
To search for a particular product collection, you can simply use the search bar given at the top of the Collections page.
Cartzy supports search by keyword, so you just need to type in a keyword to find the relevant collection.
The arrow given next to the Title can be used to order your collections list chronologically and vice versa.
It has nothing to do with the collections order displayed on the front end of the website. This reordering feature is just for the admin’s ease to have a look at the collections list in both ways for management purposes.
For example, if you have a total of 10 pages of collections, and you want to view the products starting with the alphabet “Z”, instead of navigating to the 10th page, you can simply click this arrow to sort the list in reverse chronological order.
Cartzy enables you to set the number of collections that you want to view per page. The lesser the number of collections per page, the more pages you will have to navigate. So, for example, if you have a total of 50 collections, and you set to view 10 collections per page, then you will have to navigate through 5 pages. However, if you set it to 25 collections per page, you will only need to switch between two pages.
To set the number of collections per page, scroll down to the bottom of the Collections page, and use the Per Page dropdown selection option to select your desired number of collections per page.
To edit a collection, click on the kebab menu icon under Actions > select Edit Collection. The Edit Collection page will open in the same tab. This page is the same as that appears for creating a new collection. It implies that you can edit whatever you add at the time of creating a collection. For example, you can update the title, description, image, and other details. Learn more about it.
To save your edits, always click the Save Changes button at the top right corner of the page. Otherwise, you will lose the updated content.
💡You can also open a collection in edit mode by simply clicking on its name on the Collections page.
A collection can be deleted entirely from your Cartzy store in two ways:
1. From the Collections page
2. From the Edit Collection page
1. Locate the product that you want to delete, click the kebab menu icon under Actions > select Delete from the dropdown.
2. On the Delete Store Collection popup window, you will be asked to confirm the deletion action. Click the Delete Collection button to confirm your intention.
3. The product collection will be deleted permanently from the store. A notification of success will appear in a popup on the right side of the page, and you will be taken back to the main Collections page.
You can also delete a product collection by opening the collection in edit mode. To do so, follow these steps:
1. On the Collections page, click on the name of the product collection that you want to delete.
2. The collection will open in edit mode i.e., the Edit Collection page will open. Click on the Delete Collection button at the top of the page.
3. The same Delete Store Collection popup window will appear to confirm the deletion action. Click the Delete Collection button to confirm your intention.
4. The product collection will be deleted permanently from the store. A notification of success will appear in a popup on the right side of the page, and you will be taken back to the main Collections page.
💡To confirm if the unwanted product collection has been deleted, you can search for the collection name in the search bar on the Collections page. The deleted product collection will not appear in the search results.
If you click on the Create Collection button given at the top right corner of the Collections page, you will be able to add a new collection to your Cartzy store in just a few steps.
Please watch the video shared below to get a hang of products and collections management in your Cartzy store.