Table of Contents
B. Applies to
E. Usage Limits
F. Active Dates
In Cartzy, you can easily create new discounts to boost your drop shipping business. To create a discount, follow the major steps shared below.
1. Go to Discounts > Discounts > Create Discount button.
2. Upon clicking the Create Discount button, the Create Discount page will appear for you to start configuring the discount voucher. You can create four types of discounts as explained below. So, select the type of discount that you want to set up.
3. Start entering the rest of the details as explained under the section: common sections to fill up in each discount type.
4. Click the Save button. The new discount will be created and saved successfully in the system.
a. A success notification popup will appear at the top right corner of the page.
b. The page will be refreshed to display the newly created discount at the top of the list on the main Discounts page.
Cartzy enables you to configure four types of discounts for your customers.
1. Fixed amount
2. Percentage discount (%)
3. Free shipping
4. Buy X get Y free
Learn more about the Cartzy discount types.
Each type of discount that you create should have a discount code using which the customers will be able to shop at your store at a discounted price. If they don’t have a valid discount code then they will not be able to avail the discount being offered at your store.
The discount value represents the amount by which the original price of a product has been reduced, allowing customers to purchase it at a lower cost.
It is applicable only in the cases of the following types of discounts:
1. Fixed amount discount: In this case, you will enter the dollar amount that you are offering as a discount. For example, if you enter 10, then the selected product’s price will be reduced by $10 when the corresponding discount code is applied.
2. Percentage discount: In this case, you will enter the percentage of the amount that you are offering as a discount. For example, if you enter 10, then the selected product’s price will be reduced by 10% when the corresponding discount code is applied.
Product original price: $150
Discount value: 10%
Discounted price of the product: $135
This setting allows you to select the specific products or product collections that you want to offer at a discounted price to your customers. This setting applies only to the following types of discounts:
1. Fixed amount
2. Percentage discount
The following three options will appear if you are setting up a fixed amount discount or a percentage value discount in your Cartzy store.
1. All products
2. Specific products
3. Specific collections
If you select this option, the discount code will be valid for all the products that are available in your store. Hence, all the products will be offered at an equal discount rate when the corresponding discount code is applied when completing the order.
Select this option if you want to offer a discount only on selected products. You can then, select the products either by using the search option or by clicking the Browse button. The selected products will be listed along with their original price as shown in the image below.
Select this option if you want to offer a discount on a specific product collection. You can then select the product collections either by using the search option or by clicking the Browse button. The selected collections will be listed as shown in the image below.
When selecting a specific product or a product collection, you will notice that a checkbox option appears that says:
“Only apply discount once per offer. If unchecked, this discount will apply to each eligible product in an order.”
Checkmark this option if you want to apply the discount to all the selected products explicitly if any of these products are added to the cart.
- Discount value: $10.
- Selected products for discount: A, B, C, D, E, F
- Products added to the card: C, E, and other products.
Check box is checked: The $10 discount will be applied only once to the whole cart. For example, the total price of the order is $230. Then, the discounted price of the order will be $220.
Check box is unchecked: The $10 discount will be applied separately to each product in the cart (products valid for the discount). For example, the total price of the order is $230. Then, the discount of $10 will be applied to product C, and the product E separately. So, the total order price will become $210.
This setting allows you to set up an additional condition of minimum order value or product quantity to define the discount validity. This setting applies only to the following types of discounts:
1. Fixed amount
2. Percentage discount
3. Free shipping
The following three options are available to configure this condition.
2. Minimum purchase
3. Minimum quantity
If this option is selected, the discount code will apply to the selected products regardless of the number of products added to the cart or the total order value.
If you select this option, you must define the minimum purchase amount for the customer to avail of the discount. For example, if you set it to $300, then the customer will be able to avail the discount only when their total order value is $300.
Also, if the discount is valid for products A, and B, but the customer did not add any of these products to their cart, then they will not be able to avail the discount even if their order value is equal to the Minimum Purchase Amount.
If you select this option, you have to define the minimum product quantity for the customer to order so they can avail the discount. For example, if you set it to 2, then the customer will be able to avail the discount only when they add at least two products to their cart.
Also, if the discount is valid for products A, and B, but the customer did not add any of these products to their cart, then they will not be able to avail the discount even if their cart has the total number of products equal to or greater than the Minimum Purchase Amount.
Select the customers to whom you want to offer the discount. For example, your company may have a special discount policy to reward customer loyalty of the customers who, let’s say, have completed 10 orders within 6 months with you.
To define the customer eligibility, select an option from the following:
1. For all customers
2. For specific customers
3. Specific group of customers
No specific list of customers is selected. So, all of your customers, whether they are new or old, will be able to use the discount code when placing an order on your store.
Using this option, you can offer a discount to a specific customer or a specific list of customers. For example, if a person wanted a refund, but you offered them to use a discount voucher instead on their next purchase to settle the refund case. So, in this case, you can create a discount voucher, and select a specific customer who will be able to use it.
To select a specific customer, do the following:
1. Select the option For specific customers.
2. Use the search bar to search for the customer name, or use the Browse button to select the customer from the list.
3. The selected customers’ records will be listed in the Customer Eligibility section. You will be able to view the customer's name and email. In the image shared below, two customers are selected for whom the discount will be valid.
If you want to create a discount offer for a group of customers, then you can use this option. For example, if you want to acquire new customers, then you can offer them a discount on their first purchase.
There are four pre-defied customer groups that you can target separately for different discounts, as well as offer one discount to all the groups at the same time.
- New: These are the customers who have no history with Cartzy i.e., their order history is zero (0) which implies they did not place any order on your store in the past.
- Returning: Those customers who have already placed an order on your store in the past.
- Abandoned: Those users who created an order on your store but didn’t complete the order i.e., whose carts are abandoned. Learn more about abandoned carts and their recovery.
- Email subscribed: These are the customers who have enabled subscriptions on their account for marketing and promotional emails. Learn more about email subscriptions.
1. Checkmark the checkbox for selecting a group of customers to define customer eligibility for the discount code. You can also select multiple groups at a time.
2. Click on the Done button when you have selected the desired group(s).
The selected customer groups will be listed in the Customer Eligibility section as illustrated in the image below.
To cancel the eligibility of a specific group for the discount code, simply click the bin icon next to it.
|❗ The customer groups are pre-defined by the system. Your customers will be categorized into these four groups based on their shopping behavior on your store. You cannot create a new customer group.|
Here, you can define the number of times the discount code can be used. For example, This option comes in handy when you want maximum sales during a specific time frame. Let’s suppose, you announce a discount of 10% on an entire product collection for the first 50 purchases, on the product launch day.
You can set the following limits on discount code usage:
1. Total number of times the discount can be used: Select the first option, and enter the threshold value after which the discount code will become invalid. For example, if you enter 159, so when the discount code is used 159 times on your store, it will become invalid for the 160th attempt.
2. Limit to one user per customer: Select this option if you want one user to use the discount code only once. Otherwise, the total count will be exhausted by only a couple of customers, and not many customers will be able to use the discount code.
Under this section, you can configure the validity dates of the discount coupon. Use the calendar icon to select the dates. Use the clock icon to select the time.
- Start Date: The date when you want the discount coupon to become valid. For example, if you are sharing a discount coupon in November with your customers for them to avail the Christmas discount offers, but the discount starts on 21st December and is valid until 25th December, then you can set it up here.
- In short, you can schedule discount coupons in advance, and those discount codes/coupons will become active only when the configured Start Date. reaches.
- Start Time: Using this field, you can specify the exact time of the day when the discount coupon will become active. For example, you defined the date as 21st December, but if you want to enable the discount only after 11:30 PM, then you will specify that time. Any orders placed on your store before that time will not be offered any discount, and the discount code will not work unless the specified Start Date and Start Time are reached.
- Set end date: Checkmark this checkbox if your discount offer is valid only for a specific period of time. For example, the Christmas holidays.
- End Date: Select the date when the discount will end, and the discount code will become invalid.
- End Time: Specify the time of the day after which the discount code will cease to be active/valid.